Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A Happy Ending


           My mom and I went to Aldi to purchase food for the holiday weekend.  While we were looking for black olives, a little old man started talking to me.  We had a lot of random items on our list.  While we ran around the store looking for these items, the old man continued talking to me.  He smiled a lot and he was generally nice.  We finally got to the checkout line and paid for our groceries.  Once we had them loaded in our car, I was headed to return the cart.  I then noticed that the man's box, loaded full with groceries, broke open from the bottom and all of his food was on the ground in the parking lot.  He seemed very upset about his broken milk bottle, so my mom and I went over to help him.  We picked up all of his groceries and exchanged his milk bottle for him so he wouldn't have to walk all the way back inside.  He seemed surprised that strangers would help him, but he was very happy and thankful for the assistance.  It was encouraging to know that by helping him, I could make him smile.

abandoned cart

                                                                                                                               By: Joelk75

No comments:

Post a Comment